HOST A BIRTHDAY FUNDRAISER
Have you ever hosted a birthday fundraiser on Facebook? It's a simple and effective way of raising funds for the charity of your choice and allows your friends and family to donate to the charity on your behalf.
Facebook don't take any fees on donations given through a birthday fundraiser so all monies donated go straight to the charity.
Some Tips to Help You
- Schedule your fundraiser so that it has a good lead up time and ends about 4 days after your actual birthday or event.
- Not everyone will be able to donate, wants to donate or trusts internet donations. So when you set your fundraiser up, ask for people to either donate or share the event if they don’t want to donate! “It’s my birthday and I challenge you to help me raise funds for the Fingal SPCA by doing one or both of these things: 1) Donate Something AND/OR 2) Share this!”
- Invite your friends! Yes all of them!
- Share it! Copy the link to your Fundraiser and text/whatsapp it to people, tweet it, share it on your snapchat or Instagram story!
- Say Thanks! A few days before the end of the fundraiser, write a lovely note of thanks to remind people about the amazing cause they donated to, and letting everyone know how happy they have made you by supporting you. You may yet get a few more donations after your speech.
For full information on how to create a fundraiser CLICK HERE
So will you consider creating a birthday fundraiser for the Fingal SPCA to celebrate your next special day?